Thursday, November 29, 2012

Disastrous (Disastrous Series) by E.L. Montes

Disastrous (Disastrous Series)

I want so badly to tell you everything about this book but I know that I can’t! I have heard mixed reviews about it, some people loved it while others were like ummmmm, it was okay. I was not the latter, I LOVED IT! 

The one thing that made me love this book is the secret that I can’t give away to you. I love books that revolve around that one missing link and when you finally figure out exactly what’s going on its just like, YES! I knew it! But in this case it was more like…. I really didn’t see that coming, lol. I kind of had an idea of what was going to happen, I just didn’t quiet place it together until it was in my face.

Our heroine Mia is awesome! She isn’t one of those dumb girls (excuse me, women, lol) that don’t know what’s going on around her. She is very aware of the real world and harsh reality can be. She is also strong and independent and stands on her own. She knows what she wants in life and works hard for it.

She is at the top of her class and is given the opportunity to work as a summer extern for one of the top firms in Boston. She also lives with her best friend, and only friend in the world. He is a hoot!

I burst out laughing. “Thor? You named your package? Since when?” He smiled. I didn’t. One girl told me in the sack that I looked like one of the Hemsworth brothers, so I stuck to it.”

After finding out that she and Jeremy (her roommate) will be externing together at the law firm they decide to go out and celebrate. Jeremy fails to tell Mia that they will be meeting Marcus, the owner of the law firm. She is furious, how can she get drunk and be around the man who is going to be her boss? And when Jeremy decides to leave her with Marcus to run off with a piece of ass, she is furious when Marcus insinuates that she is too drunk to make it home and he insist that he take her home.

Who the hell does he think he is talking to me in that tome? And what’s wrong with my dress?! I yanked my arm from his rough grip. “And what? Shall I get in the car with you, a stranger! What if you take advantage of me?”

And so we have the meeting of Mia and Marcus J

After the rough start the two start Mia and Marcus still can’t help but be drawn to one another. Mia knows in the back of her mind it’s too son, but she just can’t help the feelings that she is having.

Marcus DeLuca had to be a dangerous man because I was caving too soon; it was just too soon to feel this attachment, to feel and want him so desperately.

When something seems too good to be true, it’s exactly that.

I enjoyed this book. The story line is good, the back and forth between the characters is frustrating (which I love, lol) and the overall feeling of the book really drew me in. I hate that there was a semi-major cliff hanger and can't wait for the 2nd book to be released in May 2013. With this type of book I can sense that they will only be better from this point on. This was E.L. Montes debut novel. Sometimes debuts don't go so well, but I think E.L. Montes did an extraordinary job on this.

2 comments:

  1. Ooh, this does sound good. Thanks for the share!

    ReplyDelete
  2. One story that I would definitely read over and over again. Thank you E.L. Montes for sharing Marcus & Mia's story. Can't wait to read more of your books.

    Hannah
    website

    ReplyDelete