Friday, November 23, 2012

Insanity ( The Asylum Trilogy #1) by Lauren Hammond

Insanity (The Asylum Trilogy #1)

This book is AWESOME!!!! It's a very fast, insane.....read. I didn't put it down. It is one big mind fuck! One minute I though I had it figured out, then the next I thought something else must be going on and then when I finally found out what was really going on I was like...oh.... I didn't see that coming, lol.

From the second I review the synopsis for this, I knew it would consume me. It reminds me a lot of the newest season of American Horror Story. I imagine the asylum in this series to be a lot like the asylum in the show. Everyone fears the basement, the lights flicker throughout the asylum and all of the patients know that someone is in the basement and electricity is being pumped through their brain. (I forgot to mention that this takes place in the 50's when this was still okay medical practice, WTH!)

Me: Just finished Insanity by Lauren Hammond. Talk about mind Fuck!!! Review to come tomorrow, I can't WAIT to start White Walls!

Misty: Was it......iNSANE! Lol

Me: It WAS!! lol

All the while reading this I couldn't help but think how there really are people in the world that have gone through what Adelaide went through. One person can only take so much, and Adelaide was pushed wayyyyy over the point of no return by many people she encountered in her life.

The book (s) are not written in order. That really helps with the theme to mess with your mind, lol. One point we are present day, next we are in the past and then when you get to the second book it goes even crazier from present day, to now to something that happened in the future but we are looking back on it trying to fit the pieces of the story together.

I can't even begin to wrap my head around the storyline and tell you about it without making your crazy, lol. Like I said, it isn't in order, so if my summary doesn't make sense just think about it, the story is written from the point of someone that has been taken to an asylum and that might make it a little easier for you.

Honestly, I take it back. I really don't think I can write a summary in my own words. I'm going to have to use Lauren Hammond's words. Here is her synopsis:

Adelaide Carmichael and Damien Allen couldn’t be more opposite.

Adelaide’s mother abandoned her when she was ten years old, leaving her to be raised by her abusive and alcoholic father.

Damien on the other hand came from a wealthy family, was a local celebrity, and seemed to have a bright future ahead of him.

Despite their differences, Adelaide and Damien were young, wild, and fiercely in love.

And they had a plan.

They were going to run away.

Be together forever.

And their plan was set in motion, until tragedy struck and for some reason, Adelaide wound up in The Oakhill Institution for the insane.

Adelaide has no idea what she did to wind up at Oakhill, but she knows one thing for sure...

She wants out.

And after Damien follows her there to aid her in escaping, Adelaide slowly begins putting together the pieces of her memory that are missing.

And it doesn’t take Adelaide long to figure out that sometimes...

That one true love never dies.


If that doesn't get you. maybe a few of my favorite quotes from the book will:

"Addy, you are my sun, my moon and my stars. You are my heaven, my hell and my earth. I'd go anywhere with you. I'd follow you anywhere."

Please, Blue eyes. Save me. Be my prince charming. My knight in shining armor. Rescue me from the burning tower of depression, sadness and misery. He doesn't. He won't. He can't.

"Get out of here?" ....."It's simple. You don't."

There's too much pressure on me and I've hit my breaking point. My father is a drunk asshole. My boyfriend's mother doesn't like me. My mother abandoned me. The love of my life is leaving me at the end of summer. It's all too much. SEE, I told you only one person can take so much! And this isn't even everything!! My poor Addy.

So, hopefully that is enough to convince you to read this book. I'm telling you I loved the insanity of it all. I started the 2nd book as soon as I finished this one and it was just as mind blowing but in it's own way. The 3rd book will be out any day now and I CAN'T WAIT!! I need it!!




No comments:

Post a Comment