Sunday, December 16, 2012

The Coincidence of Callie & Kayden (The Coincidence #1) by Jessica Sorensen

Astounding! Bewildering!! Breathtaking!!! Extraordinary!!!! STUUUUPENDOUS!!!!!

Jessica Sorensen's books keep getting better and better. I started off on my Jessica Sorensen binge with The Fallen Star series, and have moved on to everything else she has ever written. When I read Ember, I was like this is it! This is the best...but then I read The Secret of Ella and Micha and was like no wait...THIS is it! But....now I have read The Coincidence of Callie & Kayden and all I have to say for myself if THIS IS IT! THIS IS THE BEST ONE EVER!

I finished this book 2 days ago and I am still thinking about it! It's like, I forgot that I finished. I was doing a little cleaning and was like "wow, I need to hurry so I can get back to Callie & Kayden..." then the sadness hit me when I realized that I was already finished! I'm going through some major withdraws. I haven't missed a book this much in a long time.

"The thing I regret-will always regret-is going into my room on my twelfth birthday"

Callie's life was stolen from her on her 12th birthday. What used to be a fun loving girl, turns into someone that tries to hide from the world under dark, baggy clothing, heavy and heavy makeup. She tries to purge all of the darkness from her body by forcing herself to become almost anorexic. She leaves home for college way before she has to only to get away from all of the madness of the life she lost. She trust no one but her best friend Seth.

I love him because he's the first person I felt comfortable enough to tell my secrets to, but maybe that's because he understands what it's like to be hurt inside and out.

Seth and Callie create a list to try and help each other become the people they should have been, had their lives not been stolen from them.

"Just because it's on the list, doesn't mean it will happen," I say as he stands up and marches to the board on the back of the door where our list is written. "Yes, it does, Callie." He grins, flipping the cap off the pen with his thumb. "Because it's a magical list, full of possibilities." "I wish that were true." I stare out the window at the people flooding the campus yard. "I really do."

Kayden life has also kind of sucked. Not in the same way as Callie, but still, it sucked. He has always had to live in silence and fear of doing something wrong and pissing that person off. At least until that night 4 months ago when Callie happened to be in the right place and the right time and she did something that no one else would have ever done, she saved Kayden.

All Kayden can do is think about that night and why she did he. He wants nothing more than to speak with her but he never sees her again...at least until he goes off to college and then he can't believe its her. Something is different, she is wearing a red shirt and laughing with a guy. He attempts to make friends with Callie, but the closer they get the farther away she becomes.

"In the exsistence of our lives, there is a single coincidence that brings us together and for a moment, our hearts beat as one."

I will warn you, there is a pretty deep cliff hanger at the end, but still so worth the read! Don't be scared of the cliffhanger, just jump in full throttle and fall in love with Callie and Kayden and don't forget to love Seth and Luke some too!

And, I'm happy to add this note from Jessica Sorensen:

I’ve been getting asked if there will be a sequel to The Coincidence of Callie and Kayden and the answer is yes! I have it up on Goodreads as Untitled. Over the weekend I’ll work on the title, the blurb, expected release date, and the first chapter, that way you guys can have some info and a little snippet of Callie and Kayden to read. I’ll be working on this story next and as most of you guys know, I write very quickly :)

There’s also going to be another book in this series, but from one of the secondary characters. I’ll announce who a little later.

1 comment:

  1. I totally agree with your thoughts! I loved this too and I think Jessica Sorensen has a very bright future! I almost bet this one will get her picked up!
    xoxo-
    MaraG
    http://www.reviewingromance.com

    ReplyDelete