Sunday, December 30, 2012

Wounded by Jasinda Wilder

Wounded

I read all afternoon because I didn't want to stop! I am hooked on this book! I just want to gush, and gush and gush about it!. It was different than what I expected. It was raw, it was real and it's deep. It's almost scary how real some of the scenes were (stupid government!!...read it, you will know what I'm talking about).

When I started, at first I was like, I dunno...this book doesn't seem like me (not that it wasn't good from the beginning, because believe me, it was)....but I am not a quitter so I pushed on and I am sooooo glad that I did. Everything I have read lately seems to get mushed together in my head. It's like I have been reading the same thing over, and over, but NEVER have I read anything like Wounded. I won't go so far as to say fabulous, because once you read it you will think I am a sicko for thinking something is as horrible as what our heroine goes through is fabulous, but I will say it is a book that you won't put down and you will probably think about it for days. I can't think of the last time I read something as deep and realistic as this book.

Raina, is an orphan and stuck in the war in Iraq...the first one. Everyone has been taken from her and she has seen and done things that Allah will never forgive. She is at the point that she doesn't speak to Allah anymore for the shame she has caused to herself....and this is before she has to do one of the most horrible things a woman can to do to herself...but she has to if she wants to survive----ahhh Raina, I'm feeling the pain right along with you....

She has known no kindess from anyone. She hasn't felt loved since her parents died and her brother is selfish, he has joined the war at only 12 and left her alone. That is why she decides to do what she does, because she is alone and starving.

Hunter is back in Iraq, it's 2003. Raina is an adult now, no longer an orphaned child, just a lost, lonely woman surviving. One minute Hunter is fighting with his buddies, the next he is hit and being carried away, leaving everyone in his troop to die. He doesn't understand why he is being saved, and Raina doesn't know why she is saving him.

After bringing Hunter home, Raina has no idea what she is doing. She knows that she has betrayed her people by saving an American.

Hunter and Raina start this mind playing dance around each other. She is scared of him, and he is scared of the way she makes him feel. He wants to protect Raina, he has this need to do it, but he can't as long as he is hurt. Hunter is stuck healing while having to deal with what Raina does in her life.....Raina is confused by why Hunter cares so much when she is nothing but a woman who should serve him....

I honestly dont know how to conclude my synopsis of this book! There are so many factors and things that happen, and I can't give them away because I want you to experience it for yourself. So do me a favor, read it. I promise you won't regret it.



No comments:

Post a Comment