Thursday, January 3, 2013

Forever Fae by L.P. Dover


This is the first fae book I have read, other than the little bit of Fae issues that are in the Sookie Stackhouse Series. I am open to new types of paranormal, so I thought I would give this book a try.

The fae story in itself is very magical. I like the powers that the fae posses and the different worlds and realms they live in. In this book, I knew that they were in a Fae world, but there were times when I would kind of forget because some actions were very human. I guess maybe there is a fine line between the human world and the Fae world because Calista, our leading character goes between the two worlds so she has knowledge of how both worlds are.

I like the story line of this book; I can’t wait to see how the author grows with the series. The possibilities are endless, and I know with good reviews she will be able to get ideas of what the reader likes and doesn’t like and grow from that.

There is a bit of a one sided love triangle in the book, and that is always fun. I felt that the relationships could have been a bit more developed. I got that there was an instant connection, almost a love at first sight thing, but I wish after that there would have been more. More development; more time to get to connect to the characters.

I enjoyed getting to know Calista. I feel like we learned more about her than any other character in the book, even though we get 3 different POV. Calista is strong minded and knows what she wants yet still feels for the humanity of others. I know she will make a great queen in the books to come.

Merrick is a witty smart ass and I loved that about him. Ryder has such a hot name I felt like I was going to have an instant connection to him, but I didn’t. I think once I have more time to read about Ryder in the next book I will learn to love him, I just couldn’t connect with him like I hoped I would.

So, for the storyline. The time frame in the story is very fast, or at least I thought it was fast. I feel like everything happened in a matter of 3 or 4 days, but I could be wrong.

Princess Calista has turned 21.



Every royal female gets a guardian on her twenty-first birthday. It’s not exactly what a woman wants for her birthday, but in this case, it’s a big deal.


All of the men that are eligible to be guardians fight until the last one is standing and they are the appointed guardian (it’s not a fight to the death, just a fight until you are tired kind of thing, lol).


Calista is worried about the men fighting, she doesn’t think it is necessary but her parents insist. Her best friend Merrick is fighting (he loves her, she loves him just not the same…). Other men from the kingdom are fighting as well as a stranger that she doesn’t know. She is immediately drawn to him and has no explanation for the feelings…..hence the love triangle J

My heart flutters just looking at him and the way he’s staring at me makes by body tighten. It’s just like he’s trying to devour my body with his seductive blue eyes. I can only imagine what else he could do to me.

Calista is destined to save the Land of the Fae according an old prophecy. She has the ability to control the four elements: earth, air, fire and water. No one knows how Calista is to change the land, they just know it is the prophecy. For a split second when her hand touches Ryder’s hand she sees the future and what is to become of her and the Land of Fae. Now all she has to do is fulfill her destiny and still follow her heart.

Over all I give Forever Fae a 3.5. Like I said before the story has great potential, and I want to continue reading to find out what happens to the characters I have become attached to. I know it can only get better from here and I can’t wait!

No comments:

Post a Comment