Monday, May 6, 2013

Playlist: REAL by Katy Evans

 
Sooooo, Ashley is seriously addicted to this book! Almost to the point of giving up Travis Maddox!! That's right ladies! She actually said Remy could take Travis Maddox's place!!! It's that good!

This was a short fast read for me. Very intense and steamy! If you are like me, you refuse to read synopsis' or teasers. I like to find my books in other ways...reviews, recommendations.....playlists,lol. So, here is the playlist from Real. Every song reference I came across while reading. If this doesn't make you read it, nothing will!

Okay, Brooke and Remy have this thing from the beginning of where they will select a song for the other to hear. Just to let the other know how they are feeling at the moment and add a little fun to the sometimes boring situations they are put in, like super long flights or wait time before a fight.

He's selecting a sing for me from his own apparatus, so I look for one I like on mine and I settle on a girl power song called "Love Song" by Sara Bareilles, which is basically this girl telling the guy that he's not the one.

This next selection was a whole new ballgame for me. It pulled me in as if I hadn't already been pulled in.  No one will ever understand why this song is so important to me, but when I saw the reference in the book, I was like tear, tear.....

So then I put on my headphones to see which one he selected for me, and something happens to my body when I hear the first words of the song, And I'd give up forever to touch you... from the Goo Goo Dolls "Iris" song.

 
I don't know what's up with me, but when he smiles at me with that lazy smile that shows both dimples, listening to all the girl power songs I had over, like "I Will Survive" by Gloria Gaynor, I want to melt, especially when at the same time, the devil grins in mischief and seems to decide to pick on me as he plays "Love Bites" by Def Leppard for me.

I laugh and turn around, my arms in the air while Usher's "Scream" fills the room with music...

I'm still looking for a song when he hands me his iPod and I plug my headphones in to listen, and the song that starts is Survivor's "High on You."

I'm feeling so equally mischievious and frustrated, I just want to see what he'll do if I do something crazy, so I search for a really fun older song I recently heard revived in an episode of Glee, called "Anyway You Want It" by Journey, and I pass it over to him.

I hesitate for a moment, but inside, I'm bubbling with lust and mischieef, so I go all out  with another oldies song that seems fitting and play, "All I wanna Do is Make Love to You" by Heart.

He passes me a sing. I'm too lazy to pass him any of mine, so I just listen. Norah Jones's smoky, beautiful "Come Away with Me" begins playing, sensually proposing that I do exactly as the title suggests.

He, on the other hand, played me the most romantic song I'd ever heard in my growing-up years. which was featured in a chick flick in the end, where a guy plays the song to the love of his life on his boom box. The movie is called Say Anything, but the song is called "In Your Eyes" by Peter Gabriel.

So I select Avril Lavigne's "I Love You" and play it.

I'm inundated with emotion as I nuzzle his hair, sliding my fingers in it. "And also "That's When I Knew" by Alicia Keys. 



No comments:

Post a Comment