Monday, May 20, 2013

UnBeautifully by Madeline Sheehan

Warning: This is not a story about fate or destiny. This is a story about pain, sorrow, and suffering. This is an impulsive whirlwind romance between two lovers that are not meant to be together. Theirs is not a world with sunshine and roses. Instead, their love blossoms in a secret world full of crime, violence, and death. Their story is about what can be born from nightmares.

Danielle “Danny” West is the daughter of Deuce West, President of the Hell’s Horsemen Motorcycle Club. A sweet and beautiful girl, she loses her way, searching for things that are always out of her reach. Erik “Ripper” Jacobs is the Sergeant of Arms in the Hell’s Horsemen. Once a man who always had a smile on his face, his life takes a turn for the worst when a tragedy befalls him, leaving him scarred and broken. During a midsummer night, Danny and Ripper’s paths cross, forever changing their lives. Hastily, their lust turns to love until another tragedy forces them apart. On a journey that is marred with ugliness and chaos, Danny and Ripper must discover if their unforeseen connection can find the beauty in their world.

This is Danny and Ripper’s story.

Everything has beauty. Even the ugly. Especially the ugly.
Because without ugly, there would be no beauty.
 
Find it on Amazon, Smashwords, Kobo and Goodreads.
 
Review:
Let me just start off by saying W.T.F!! Did Madeline Sheehan just mind fuck me and rock my world? And what was that?....I loved it AND I'm begging for more! Why yes, yes she did and True Story, I am begging for MORE!!!  This book had me all jacked up mentally and emotionally. Hell I'm all over the damn place with this one. I've had to wait a few days just to form a coherent thought to write this review. I mean I knew I was going to LOVE Ripper, I loved him in Undeniable, but then that dirty whore Madeline had to throw in more Deuce and Eva, and well there are just no words for how I feel about that man.
 
What Madeline Sheehan does with words is what Van Gogh does with paint, what Jimi Hendrix done with a guitar. Hell she's the Quentin Tarantino of books. It's real, raw beauty. It's breath taking art at it's finest. It's not that care bears and rainbows B.S. you read in fairytales when you were a kid. No, she's real life, she's hardcore and she writes about the effed up things in life people don't want to deal with.
And sometimes love is unconventional and it breaks all the rules and blurs all the lines and basks in its glory. Shining as bright as the sun, unapologetically glowing even under the narrowed stares of society and its screaming, self-righteous morals, berating and judging that which it doesn't understand.
The story of Ripper and Danny. The story of a broken man hiding inside himself hate, disgust and shame. Torturing himself with a past that can't be undone and a future he wants but thinks he doesn't deserve. The story of a girl, a beautiful girl that was once filled with life and dreams that has been beaten down by that same life, by others decisions. A girl that had to grow up too fast, who wants something, needs something that someone else thinks she can't have.

 
 
 
Not only do we get Ripper and Danny's story, but we get a look into Deuce and Eva's life after Frankie and OMG...if you thought you loved Deuce in Undeniable you haven't read anything yet. Oh, and we get more from crazy ass Cox and Kami. I love them together, they crack me up. Here's a sneak peak of what to expect from those two.
"Cox!" Kami screamed, stalking into the room. "Shut your stupid Mexican mouth!" Cox glared at her. "Bitch, I'm Puerto Rican!" She waved her hand dismissively. "Whatever. Don't you have some lawns to mow?"  
"I'm Puerto fuckin' Rican!"  
"What! Ever!"  
"Bitch! Don't you got some rich boy cock you need to suck off for a new pair a fuckin' shoes?" 
"Fuck you!"  
"No, bitch fuck you! I'm fuckin' Puerto Rican! Say it, Kami, say Puerto Rican!"  
"No!"   
"Say it!"  
"American Indian!"
There is never a dull moment with those two. Madeline also introduces us to a few newbies and I won't give you any details on them because I don't want to spoil any of the crazy ass drama that goes on in the Hells Horseman MC and believe me it can get WILD!




No comments:

Post a Comment