Tuesday, June 25, 2013

Review: This Girl by Colleen Hoover

There are two sides to every love story. Now hear Wills.

Colleen Hoovers New York Times bestselling Slammed series has brought countless readers to their knees with a whirlwind of love, passion, and heartache. Layken and Wills love has managed to withstand the toughest of circumstances and the young lovers, now married, are beginning to feel safe and secure in their union. As much as Layken relishes their new life together, she finds herself wanting to know everything there is to know about her husband, even though Will makes it clear he prefers to keep the painful memories of the past where they belong. Still, he cant resist his wifes pleas and so he begins to untangle his side of the story, revealing for the first time his most intimate feelings and thoughts, retelling both the good and bad moments, and sharing a few shocking confessions of his own from the time when they first met.

In This Girl, Will tells the story of their complicated relationship from his point of view. Their future rests on how well they deal with the past in this final installment of the beloved Slammed series.

How can it be possible that I just fell in love with this story all over again!? It already had a perfect place in my heart and now my heart is just bursting. Not only did it make me re-connect with the characters, but I seriously think this time around was a lot more emotional for me (it has to be the pregnancy hormone, lol). It seems the secrets that Will had to keep from Lake were seriously killer to my emotional restraint. Not to mention the many selfless acts that Will showed from his POV. Ahhh, sweet Will….

Colleen Hoover really knows what she is doing. She can write a book that sticks with you forever. Slammed was one of the first books I read when I purchased my kindle last year. I read it before Colleen was published, and it has stuck with me since then. Every time someone needs me to recommend them a book, I always go for Slammed. This Girl, will now be part of that legacy. Slammed has such an important piece of my heart and This Girl just reiterated my love for the series.

This is not just a retell of Slammed. We get a bit of the now Will and Lake as well as stories from only Will’s POV. Things Lake had no idea even happened. This was just wonderful! I can’t say enough great things about the books. If you loved Slammed this is a must read. If you have read Slammed yet, you really need to. It will teach you things and make you feel emotions you never knew existed. 4 stars.

No comments:

Post a Comment