Sunday, July 7, 2013

Never Say Never Series by C.M. Stunich

"Never Ross wants to be loved.
It's that simple, but it's not that easy."


 Never is a girl with a broken soul who doesn't date nice guys and can't seem to go to bed at night without crying herself to sleep. She doesn't need any complications in her life, especially not when they're attached to a man that could be her emotional twin.

Ty McCabe can't stand Never the first time he meets her. He's aware that the feeling's mutual and the two don't think they'll ever see each other again, but when fate takes a hand and puts them both in the wrong place at the wrong time, Ty and Never form a tentative friendship that opens the door on their dark sides and shows them what it's like to live in the light.

"Sometimes, the only way to go forward, is to take a few, careful steps back."



NEVER ROSS
 
"Tell me, Never, do you still love him?"

Never Ross and Ty McCabe have come a long way – but they can't stop now. Their pasts are still there, ready to sweep over and consume them if they don't confront them. A visit to Never's family seems like the first logical step, but will it make things better or worse? And what about Noah Scott? Ty is Never's tortured other half, but can he also be the healing balm that she so desperately needs? With McCabe's past still a virtual unknown, Never is going to have to make more than one decision capable of breaking both their hearts.

"Ty has changed; I have changed, and things are not always what they seem."


 
TY McCABE

“In your pain, I see my own, so I'm going to tell you and only you, okay?”

Never's past might be under control, but Ty's is just starting to unravel. After receiving a phone call from his broken past, tensions run high between Never and Ty, especially with Never deciding to do something she's never done and keep her pregnancy a secret.

While visiting the skeletons in his dark, dark closet, Ty is threatened by all that he once was and all that he thought he'd overcome. With his pain about to consume him, Never is the only one who stands between Ty and relapse, who can help him control his emotions and find peace, but is she up to it? After all, with two tortured souls desperate for a healing touch, are they more of a hindrance to one another than a help?

Love, marriage, and a baby. Three things that Ty and Never didn't see coming. It's judgment time for both of them, time to see if the light really can overcome the dark. Here's to hoping.

“I know you'll make the right decision, no matter how hard it is, no matter if it cuts you into pieces, because you have to believe that I'll be there for you in the end.”

 
NOAH SCOTT

Review:
Read my original review of Tasting Never :)

This series is probably my favorite series EVER, better than any other series I've read by any other author. I am like, head over friggin' heals, butterflies and puppies, hearts and fucking kitty cat in love with it!! I read the first book, Tasting Never a couple of months ago and I fell in love with C.M. Stunich's writing style. It's like reading a jacked up, sex induced romance with some Edgar Alan Poe mixed in there. I waited a few months to read the second book, Finding Never because I was a little worried that my nerves wouldn't be able to handle it, I had it set in my mind how I wanted things to work out and I didn't think I could take it if it didn't happen that way. WELL.... I got over my fear cause let's face it, I NEEDED more Ty McCabe and Never Ross, so I sucked it up and read Finding Never in just a few hours and went straight into reading Keeping Never. This series is dysfunction at its finest. In Tasting Never you meet Never and Ty, both have troubled pasts and addictions so strong it's hard to breath. We learn about Never's past and it was a hard pill to swallow. Never pushes everyone away until she meets Ty McCabe and together they for a friendship of kindred spirits.

In Finding Never we go along Never's journey to face her past and confront the ones who wronged her. We meet her family which pissed me off more than anything, I mean REALLY!! Then there is this Noah Scott business that had me biting my nails to the quick. This was an emotional read for me as I knew it would be but NOTHING prepared me for Keeping Never. Ty's past was a little overwhelming, the kind of overwhelming that will leave you hugging yourself rocking back and forth trying to wrap your mind around it. Your heart will ache for him and the things he's been through.

C.M. didn't leave us hanging even though she ended this series on a good note, well as good a note as two tarnished souls can have. Now we get a spin off series called Never Too Late. The first book in the series, Never Can Tell is a continuation of Ty and Never's story.

No comments:

Post a Comment